Synology has released an update for their latest DiskStation Manager software. DSM 5.2-5592 Update 2 contains six fixes and improvements.
- Fixed an issue where DS1515 would be unable to shut down properly.
- Enhanced RAID reliability when repairing volumes from degraded state.
- Improved the stability of LUN backup.
- Improved memory usage for Btrfs file system.
- Improved the compatibility with UPS devices.
- Improved the stability when repairing the passive server of a high-availability cluster.
I successfully update DiskStation models DS212+, DS1511+, DS415+ and DS1815+ without any issues. The update does reboot the DiskStation so connectivity will be lost briefly. Things like remounting encrypted folders will also have to be done. The update took less than five minutes on each of these models, including the reboot.