I’m not sure if it’s because Synology is trying to get the update right or because they are just resolving errors as fast as they can, but Synology has released the third DiskStation Manager 6 update in a week. Synology DiskStation Manager 6 Update 3 was released today.
The update includes the following fixes:
- Fixed multiple issues that might cause the iSCSI service to hang under heavy loading and performing VMware commands.
- Fixed an issue where the file created time was not correctly set.
- Fixed an issue where LUN backup tasks of Hyper Backup could not be completed due to insufficient disk space after upgrade to DSM 6.0.
- Fixed multiple vulnerabilities regarding the Samba module (CVE-2016-2118, CVE-2015-5370, CVE-2016-2110, CVE-2016-2111, CVE-2016-2112, CVE-2016-2113, CVE-2016-2114, CVE-2016-2115).
- Fixed an issue where changing the VLAN configurations might cause certain packages to operate abnormally.
- Fixed an issue where configurations at Control Panel > Network > Network Interface could not be edited if IPv6 was configured before upgrade to DSM 6.0 from DSM 5.2.
The updates official version is 6.0-7321-3 and it will restart the DiskStation when it is installed.